The telephone is the most effective risk management and customer service tool in the claim analyst’s toolbox. Overall telephone use in our industry is on the decline. Our audit data, representing results from over 100 audits and 33 different disability claim operations, suggests that in-depth telephone conversations with claimants occur only 30% of the time. In addition, it is difficult for management to track the frequency and quality of claimant interviews.
We can help. Salt has developed a proven methodology that leverages the telephonic interview and generates customer service and risk management results. Our team of experts treat claimants with respect and treat claimants as customers.
We have the Best People
- The work we do is demanding and it takes a special person who can succeed and persevere in the challenging world of claims service.
- We employ a staff of highly qualified and experienced people who have been in the trenches and know how to put the customer first, while getting the required information for each claim.
- Our people are great communicators who feel equally comfortable speaking with claimants as well as business owners and benefits coordinators.
- Our staff has the highest level of honesty and integrity, as reputation is everything in our business.
- While we complete calls on your behalf, your claims analysts can focus and improve their efficiency.
- We can assist you with the prioritization of your calls and minimize the volume.
- Our dedicated specialists conduct effective phone interviews and acquire medical updates, utilizing a custom built application designed specifically for calls.
- We’re able to generate reports based on our conversations, providing you with medical, financial, and vocational information allowing you to measure and monitor the results.
- We’ve identified claimants with potential return to work capacity.
- Our phone interviews of claimants have identified additional “other income benefits”, such as offsets, pensions, and possible social security awards.
- Our Claims Analysts have been able to clarify treating physicians and activities of daily living.
- Through our calls to claimants, we’re providing positive customer service experiences on your behalf by truly listening to them.
- 30%-40% of our interviews generate a risk management or customer service opportunity
“You are the most comforting, compassionate and personable person I have ever spoken with at (your company)”. -Carroll A.
“It was an unexpected delight to talk to someone who was so pleasant and helpful. I was also impressed that you could be so positive and cheerful during this major review being implemented by your office. You are a true asset to the company. Thank you for your positive attitude during this trying period.” -Kevin S.